by Donna Gunter, The Online Biz Resource Queen (TM)
Amazon's Kindle is a electronic book-reading device that allows people to purchase and download electronic versions of books, newspapers, and magazines. Now, you can have your blog available to Kindle readers, as well. Best of all, you can get paid for this strategy. However, you don't get to pick the price Kindle owners pay to subscribe to your blog. Amazon chooses the price, based on what it believes is fair. This means $0.99 or $1.99 per month for most blogs. There is no way to distribute your blog for free.
The downside? You get only 30% of the subscription revenue. For example, if your blog sells for $0.99 cents and 1000 people subscribe to it via the Kindle, you'll receive $297 per month rather than the full $990 per month paid to Amazon. International publishers must receive their funds via a U.S. check, which comes with a hefty international transaction charge.
All Kindle Blog subscriptions start with a 14-day free trial. Subscribers can cancel at any time during the free trial period. If they wish to continue their subscrption, they do nothing and it will automatically continue at the regular monthly price.
How can you get your blog distributed on the Kindle? Here are the 6 easy steps to Kindle publication:
1. Sign up. Go to Kindle Publishing (Amazon) to sign up.
2. Create new account. Your existing Amazon.com account information will not work here. You'll need to create a new account. Because you are eligible to receive payments for subscriptions, you'll also need to provide some banking information and a tax ID number. Unfortunately, they don't pay commissions via Paypal.
3. Add your blog. You'll need the following information to complete your submission.
RSS/Atom feed for your blog (be sure that your posts appear as full posts rather than excerpts or your blog will fail validation)
4. Review your entries. Double-check your entries before publishing the results.
5. Publish your blog to Kindle. Once you hit the "Publish to Kindle" button, it will take 48-72 hours to appear in Amazon.
6. Promote your Amazon status. Once your blog is published, you can ask your blog readers to go to Amazon and rate your blog as well as review it.
In all honesty, you're not going to make much money from Kindle for the moment. Even though images are black and white and video won't play on the Kindle, it's a convenient way to read blogs on the go. However, I believe that the more methods of distribution you provide for your content, the better. Follow these 6 steps and become a published blogger on Amazon today!
Online Business Coach Donna Gunter helps baby boomers create profitable online retirement businesses by demystifying the steps needed to successfully market a baby boomer business online. Would you like to learn the specific Internet marketing strategies that get results? Discover how to increase your visibility and get found online by claiming your FREE gift, TurboCharge Your Online Marketing Toolkit, at == > http://www.TurbochargeYourOnlineMarketing.com