5 Steps for Handling Holiday Season Stress
It's December, the month of holidays and parties, so it's generally a stressful time for most of us. It's also the start of the Kapha period when the body just wants to slow down. We do not do ourselves any favours with our hectic livestyles in general but at this time of year it's even more of a challenge.
It is also well known that stress leads to a number of health, especially digestive problems. Indigestion, for example, may later lead to more serious dis -ease. In Ayurveda indigestion is the basis of all physical disease. It is the inability to digest any physical, mental or emotional input.
What can we do at this time of the year to avoid indigestion? Here are five steps to handle holiday season stress and indigestion.
1. Reduce intake of refined foods i.e processed food, stale food, sugary food in excess. There is plenty of evidence that eating refined foods puts more stress on the body, which has to use more energy to eliminate toxins. The result is that there is less energy for other vital functions.
2. Boost your immune system, your prana, qi, vital energy because this allows you to get back to normal even after difficult situations, even after a short food binge over the holiday period!
3. Do regular exercise - even if it's only 15 mins a day.
4. Have lighter meals. Even if you overeat a few days over the holiday period, make sure that you move back to savouring rather than stuffing your food and eating more plant-based meals quickly.
5. Eat freshly cooked food because this will provide you more energy, and leave you feeling light, balanced and in harmony. Old stale food results in tiredness, lethargy, laziness, heaviness because the food is using up more energy from body to digest it than it is providing. It may even provide toxins that use up even more energy to clean out.
What is your main question about indigestion and how it affects your body? Email me and you could see an article in an upcoming edition answering your question!
Janet Gomez, nutritional consultant, produces the "Nutri-Jyoti News", a free monthly e-newsletter for busy professionals. Feel ready to learn how to use nutritional strategies to manage your energy levels? Then sign up for her FREE e-course "5 Nutritional Keys to Vitality in your Life" on the Nutri-Jyoti home page now. http://www.nutrijyoti.com/index1.htm
Copyright © 2010 All rights reserved Janet Gomez