Are You Three Feet From Gold? How to Tell!

by Mariana M. Cooper

Have you been working towards a dream or goal for a very long time and feel like you are weary and ready to throw in the towel? Well before you do you may want to consider this. Sometimes we are much closer to our goals coming to fruition than we think. I have built many businesses and have never been short on big projects and big dreams. And there is an interesting cycle that seems to be fairly consistent.

Basically the beginning is filled with excitement and energy and possibility as we imagine how grand our idea or vision can be. Working with the "potential" of something is always fun. Then we start to put it into action and hit the various ups and downs that are inevitable. Many people quit pretty early on. I am assuming that you are not one of those people! However even the ones who decide to go for the long haul and stick to it against all the odds often hit a point where they say... ok. I have done all I can do. I am too far in to quit, but not far enough to win. My resources are low or gone, my energy is zapped and I am losing my inspiration all together.

Is it time to quit? Well this is where you ask the question: "Truth? If I quit will I feel better? Lighter? Freed up to move on with my life?" If yes, and if your body feels a sense of relief and peace, then it is time to let it go.

However if you feel heavy, sad, like your passion is going to be crushed, then you are very possibly 3 feet from gold. With every big accomplishment there is a BIG set of lessons imbedded within the situation. Similar to the natural process of giving birth there is a divine timing that takes over. 

Many people, situations and circumstances have to rearrange in order for your dream to be born. And many times you are just three feet away from the gold that you seek. This seemingly quiet time is the final configuration, like the baby in the womb fully formed and gaining weight so it will have a strong immune system and healthy start in the world as it goes through it's transition.

If you have given it everything you have and are at a crossroads take stock, decide and if you know in your heart that this is what you truly desire, then be still. Declare a day of receiving. Say "Today I am open to receive what I have worked towards and I am open to do so. I am stopping all action, worry, concern and anguish. I now choose to trust, let go and receive. So bring it on in ways way better than I can ever think of myself!" Then ask the question: "How can this turn out better than I could have ever imagined?"

Then change your focus and move on to other things. You will be pleasantly surprised at how things can turn around in an instant! So don't give up... You may be closer to the Gold than you think!

And remember to always Trust Your Aha!

Author: Mariana M. Cooper, Aha! Moments, Inc. Manifesting Srategist For Enlightened Entrepreneurs. For more information, products and services visit our blog at: 


Zsa Zsa said...

Love this --> "If you have given it everything you have and are at a crossroads take stock, decide and if you know in your heart that this is what you truly desire, then be still." :)

Deb Bailey said...

ZsaZsa, that's great, isn't it? There's a lot to learned from that one sentence. Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Back to Top