What's Your Best Time To Shine?

by Mariana M. Cooper

Do you find that your energy ebbs and flows throughout the day? That you have a boost of energy where you can get anything done in record time and at other times of the day, no matter how hard you try, you can't seem to focus?

This may not seem like a big deal but understanding your natural rhythm and energy flow is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to your success as an Enlightened Entrepreneur.

We are all born with a natural time clock and unfortunately society has dictated that we should work from 9 to 5 and be productive for that entire time. While we were in a 9-5 job we drank caffeine, and ate candy or other treats to "pick us up."

We had to be productive during those hours because bosses were watching and our work team demanded it. Then we were often expected to go home and work some more.

Now that we are out of Corporate or the 9-5 world, and we call our own shots, many times we still fall into the familiar trap of trying to force the old structure in our own businesses. This may work. But in most cases it does not.

The greatest leaders will tell you what their best times of day are. Some are very early morning people and some are late night. Tim Ferris author of the best selling book, The Four Hour Workweek speaks about this extensively, noting that his most powerful time to write is in the middle of the night.

I now honor the fact that I am a late night person and feel best when my mornings are my own, I may check emails etc first thing to get an idea of what the day will bring, but then I usually go out and spend time for myself. After 1 pm I am able to focus and by late afternoon I am in full swing.

Obviously there is flexibility for meetings etc that may have to take place earlier in the day. But I try to plan my schedule as close to my best energy times as possible so that I can give my best to my clients and projects.

What is your natural rhythm?  Here are some things for you to try:

1. Take the time to notice when you have bursts of energy and clarity.

2. Make sure to eat well and exercise as well as take your vitamins and supplements to be sure that you are physically in good condition.

3. Honor your best times and schedule your writing, project development and anything else that requires supreme focus during that time.

4. Hire a Virtual Assistant to cover you if you need to have someone on during the hours that you are at your lower energy level.

If you honor this you will see that your energy will soar and your sense of fulfillment and well being will as well!

Choose your Time to Shine!


Author: Mariana M. Cooper, Aha! Moments, Inc. Intuition Expert and Mentor. For more information, products and services go to: www.trustyourahamoments.com 

No comments

Back to Top