Make up your mind to act decidedly and take the consequences. No good is ever done in this world by hesitation. ~ Thomas Huxley
What are you waiting for? How long will you ponder, consider, think about, weigh the options, look at the pros and cons, consider, contemplate, deliberate, or measure?
Are you in or are you out? Will you do it or not? Is it yes or no?
One of the worst places to be is in limbo. That place where we spend days...weeks... and sometimes years mulling over a decision. And for people in this situation, they think they are simply delaying. But it's not that simple.
When you live in the land of hesitation - you actually are making a decision. You are making a decision to give your power away.
We hesitate because:
* We're afraid of making a wrong choice.
* We don't want to hurt someone else's feelings.
* We'll be embarrassed if we don't get the results we wanted.
* We are afraid of the unknown.
* We are waiting for approval from someone that we really don't need it from.
* We don't believe we're worth it...deserve it...and that it will work out in our favor.
When we continually change our minds, go back and forth, go all in, and then step completely out, we can actually limit our chances to create the type of outcomes we actually want.
* People who may want to help us, don't because they aren't sure of our commitment.
* We are unable to fully evaluate all the opportunities that come our way because we don't have a clear picture of the direction we are headed - there's no focused path we are on. So the opportunity slips away and we hope that the next time, we'll be "ready".
* We think we have time - so we procrastinate - getting further behind in reaching our goals. Time is the one commodity there's no trade for.
If this is you, and living in limbo is becoming a burden, now may be the time to make a decision so you can move forward.
* What do you want to do?
* Who do you want to be?
* Where do you want to go?
Take all of the information you've gathered about the situation and evaluate it one last time. Then, think about how much longer you want this to be an issue in your life.
Say yes. Say no. Go. Stay. Stop. Start. Give. Take. Buy. Sell. Enroll. Drop out. Apply. Ask. Accept. Deny.
Whatever the decision is...make it.
© 2012 Doreen Rainey
"RADICAL Success Coach Doreen Rainey helps her clients Get RADICAL - by defining success for themselves and having the guts to go after it. Get her FREE RADICAL Success Starter Kit at www.doreenrainey.com."