We know that no matter how much money we have, we can't buy good health. We may be able to pay for all kinds of treatments that will make us feel good for a short while but what if we don't want to or don't feel we can pay? How can we ensure we have Health Wealth anyway?
The director of my nutrition course used to compare the state of your well-being to the state of your bank account. If your account is in credit you're in good health. How quickly your "credit" is used up depends on factors such as your environment, lifestyle and your diet.
Your environment covers everything around and within you as well as everything you are involved in personally and professionally. Your interaction with your environment is important to determine your level of "health wealth". For example, if you eat the right type of food for you but are feeling angry or tense or you eat too much, this would be an interaction that causes you to use some of the health wealth in your well being account. Do this on a regular basis and you'll feel yourself slowly moving into the debit zone.
In my personal and professional life I witness increasing evidence of "health debit" as family, friends and clients all draw on their "well-being" bank account but don't replace it. So I'm going to share 9 nutritional and well-being strategies to help you stock up on your health wealth for the coming weeks and make sure you don't get to the point where you're running on empty.
- Look after the health of your digestive tract by giving it a regular rest. A half day every fortnight can be enough to make the difference.
- Increase your intake of organic local fruits and vegetables to 7 servings daily.
- Cut back on your intake of refined sugar. Decide to make your own sweets for the occasional treat.
- Limit your alcohol and coffee intake and drink plenty of water, filtered if possible.
- Get your essential omega-3 and omega 6 fatty acids every day from organic nuts and seeds or oily fish (if you're not vegetarian!) to help build strong immunity against illnesses and disease.
- Resolve personal issues as they arise and release your stress on a daily basis. Just a few minutes can make all the difference.
- Have a positive outlook and practical approach. Remember that it's your choice how long you decide to stay feeling as you do. If you're not feeling great, acknowledge the feeling and do something gentle to change it - to stop using up more health credit.Your health wealth starts with your attitude to life.
- Strive to attain peace within by stilling your mind. Breathing exercises, meditation and chanting can help. This peace is a source of happiness that will always be yours.
- Get a good night's rest, ideally by 11pm so the body can have time to rest and recuperate.
Now pick at least 5 of these strategies to start building up your well-being account today!
Janet Gomez, nutritional consultant, produces the "Nutri-Jyoti News", a free monthly e-newsletter for busy professionals. Feel ready to learn how to use nutritional strategies to manage your energy levels? Then sign up for her FREE e-course "5 Nutritional Keys to Vitality in your Life" on the Nutri-Jyoti home page now.
Copyright © 2012 All rights reserved Janet Gomez