by Tayelor Kennedy
Stopping the world for a weekend from your laptop, cellular telephone and the client campaign that you're working on is a requirement in order for you to continue to be the radiant, healthy genius that you are. Although traveling to learn a new way to eat, have a massage, facial, or try out a hot new workout seems indulgent, but make no mistake, self-care is an important part of living a good healthy life.
Embarking on a weekend body and soul detox does not need to be an arduous experience. Grab your journal, swimsuit, your BFF and head to a spa that has a three, or four-day detox retreat. This is the perfect time of the year to pull-back and get back on track with a healthy eating plan, as well as a new fitness routine (at least until Thanksgiving!), so that you'll be ready to face the holiday season with much energy, and great joy.
As a busy CEO, taking time to rejuvenate at home may be more feasible. If you have children, ask your parents, the god-parents to entertain them for the weekend and follow the steps below to reclaim your radiance, realign your seven chakras, and get back to operating in balance on all levels in your life.
The following tips are your head-to-toe basics that will fine tune your body and soul.
First, set get your house in order by clearing clutter and deep cleaning. This can be done by you, or a professional organizer and cleaning crew. Ask friends, colleagues, and family for recommendations. Or, use Angie's List.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Remove all leftover foods and junk foods like ice cream, cookies, chips and soda
- Refill with a rainbow of fresh fruits, vegetables, quinoa, mushrooms, and fish
- Eliminate alcoholic beverages during the time that you're detoxing.
- Engage in a detoxification/fasting program for a minimum of at least 4 days.
- Drink a cup of hot water with lemon first thing each morning, and then go for a 30 min walk
- Drink 64 oz. of natural spring, distilled or artisan water daily
- Engage in body detox exercises with yoga
- Contact Kennedy Wellness for a consultation, and create your personal body and soul detoxification plan
- Cup of hot water with lemon
- Bowl of quinoa made with vanilla unsweetened almond milk, topped fresh organic blueberries
- Frozen Acai
- Organic white sapote fruit
- Organic mixed berries
- Ice Cubes
- Grilled salmon
- Kale salad
- Green tea (iced, or hot)
- An orange
- Grilled Halibut
- Arugula salad
- Red quinoa with diced red, yellow and orange peppers
- Green tea (iced, or hot)
- Slices of apples for dessert
Tayelor Kennedy is a yoga instructor, and a beauty and wellness expert. She is currently penning her first book, Pure Beauty for Life – The Ultimate Anti-Aging Road Map! For more information and to book a private session with Tayelor, contact her at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit her at http://www.kennedy-Wellness.myshopify.com