How To Avoid The Doubt Trap
Doubt. Doubting one’s self, one’s value and one’s capabilities. Doubting one’s ability to build a sustainable business and live one’s ideal lifestyle.
Once you get caught in the doubt trap, it creates a tremendous downward spiral and it can be tough to pull yourself out.
I hear this a lot from my clients and I, too, can relate because I have been there myself Today I’m sharing with you how you can pull yourself out quickly.
Here are 5 ways to pull yourself out of the downward spiral:
1. Know that your fear isn’t real. It’s your ego trying to pull you down and keep you where it feels safe. Growing and changing is threatening to the ego and wants to keep you playing small. It is actually working against you all of the time. It will try to show you situations that will cause you to doubt yourself. In essence, it is giving you a negative way to view what is going on around you. Know it’s not real.
2. Step into faith. Look at what you have created for yourself in the past. What has gone well? Remind yourself that you can do it again. Universe has a much bigger plan for you, but when you are in fear you won’t be able to see it.
3. Keep your vibration high. Meaning do whatever you need to do to feel good. Go for a walk, take a hot bath, listen to music or read something inspiring. Whatever it is do it. Don’t try to talk yourself out of it. You won’t be able to see the solution when you’re inside the problem.
4. Shift your focus. Notice that you are focusing on the negative and you need to shift your focus to something more positive. Think about something / someone you really love. Sometimes just thinking about something you are looking forward to will do it. The goal is to shift your state so you can start to see the solution, and this will help you do it.
5. Once your state has been shifted, look for the solution. The one thing you never want to say is “I can’t do this”. That is keeping you in victim mode. Ask instead, “how can I do this?” This is putting you into solution finding mode and is a much more resourceful state. Then stay focused on doing exactly what you come up with. Do not give any fear-based thoughts any attention at all.
You can repeat these steps as many times as you like, and they will work every time. We are all unique, so feel free to mix and match to find the best results for you. You can then start creating what it is you are really wanting to create.
Written by Chris Atley, Success Coach for entrepreneurs. Join Chris to discover your true worth to increase your personal wealth. Create your ideal business by grabbing my Live Limitless Guide for free at: www.chrisatley.com.