7 Ways to Stay Sane Over the Holidays

by Chris Atley

1.  I’ve stressed the importance of exercise :)

2.  Map out your to do list and block off times in your calendar to tackle it. This goes for exercising too.

3.  Enjoy friends in a meaningful way that feels relaxing.

4.  Say no to events that are not an absolute “yes” and that will cause resentment instead of joy.

5.  Manage your own expectations. I don’t know about you, but when I start to slip into overwhelm something crazy starts to happen. All of a sudden things that were not that important all of a sudden become the most important things on earth.

6.  It’s crazy making. Take a look at what you’re adding to your plate and ask yourself if this really needs to be done.

7.  Self-care. Exercise and do something just for you. Earlier this week I indulged big time (well for me anyway). I worked out in the morning and got my nails done afterward. This was with a huge to do list! It was complete bliss. It made me happier, more relaxed and better equipped to tackle my list and to be a better person in general. The relaxation is worth it alone, the ripple effect it has even more meaningful.

8.  Taking a few minutes every day to really tune in and remember what you’re grateful for. This will kick all overwhelm to the curb. I was actually feeling a little resentful for planning a volunteer dinner over the holidays at the Ronald MacDonald House. It felt crazy to plan something like this so close to Christmas. Until I gained a little perspective and remembered who we’re serving. These parents have children in the hospital over Christmas. Enough said. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to provide a meal (at the very least) for these families going through such a hard time. To be able to chat with them and provide some relief for them.

I wish you so much love along with a peaceful and relaxing holiday season. More to come next week on the pain body and how to deal with this outbreak around family over the holidays.

Lots of Love,
~ Chris :)


Written by Chris Atley, Success Coach for entrepreneurs. Join Chris to discover your true worth to increase your personal wealth. Create your ideal business by grabbing my Live Limitless Guide for free at: www.chrisatley.com.

No comments

Back to Top